Wednesday, May 12, 2010

| Undone |

What we leave behind
isn't shed like a mask
the layers are steadily, slowly peeled back.

What we grasp in our hands
clenching hearts made of stone,
are fettered by chains 'till we let them go

There's a way that He comes
in destruction and pain
and we cannot resist Him, our only hope for change.

And we cry in the night,
from regret and reprieve
But He's there in the quiet, will he redeem?

So we know hearts are fragile,
cause I've felt my own break
And we know He's a lover, so we wait, and we wait.

I'm not after the means,
I've got battles to fight.
Let me come to His water, let me drink of the Light.

Though my heart cannot numb,
though the risk seems to great.
I will learn from disaster, I will trust in His grace.

So here's to the fight,
there's a war to be won.
we're killing the flesh, we're coming undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment