Tuesday, May 11, 2010

| Awake | (a song)

There's a fire in the dark
and it's ravaging through
all the lies that I held,
that I held to be true.

There's a swell in the tide
with the waves lashing violently,
crushing the things I once knew.

And the harder I try,
the more clearly I find
How I truly can't earn,
I cannot earn what saves.

And this stone in my chest
can melt with a touch
and become in Your Hands
like a softening clay.

Awake the dawn of Spring
For Winter's death is through.
Awake the dawn of Spring
For You make all things new.

Let me drown like a flood
when I can't seem to break,
'cause I know You're the storm
You're the thunder, the rain.

Could your mercy permit
me to stay under fire,
'cause I know the fight
you bring beauty from pain.

Awake the Dawn of Spring,
For winter's death is through.
Awake the dawn of Spring,
For you make all things new.
You make all things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment